Companionship services provide your loved ones with the company they need to support them emotionally and to ensure that they don’t feel isolated. Homebound individuals, especially seniors, are prone to having feelings of loneliness and isolation. That is why caregivers offer companionship so clients can have someone they can rely on and provide them the company they need for emotional and social support.
Moreover, our caregivers are also well-versed in varied home care tasks, hence they can provide assistance in the following:
- Grooming and dressing guidance: Dressing assistance with ordinary clothing and application of support stocking of the type that may be purchased without a physician’s prescription. Grooming includes hair care, such as shampooing (non-medicated /non-prescription shampoo), drying, combing, and styling hair. Home service workers may also assist the client with shaving with an electric or safety razor
- Medication reminding: Home service workers may assist a client with medication reminding when medications have been pre-selected by the client, a family member, a nurse, or a pharmacist and are stored in containers other than the prescription bottles, such as medication minders. Medication reminding includes inquiries as to whether medications were taken, verbal prompting to take medications, handing the appropriately marked medication minder container to the client, and opening the appropriately marked medication minder container for the client if the client is physically unable to open the container
- Housekeeping services: Light cleaning such as sweeping, mopping, dishwashing, making beds, taking out the trash, wiping down hard surfaces, and other general clean up services
- Personal laundry and linens: Using washer and dryer and/or drop off and pick up from dry cleaners or laundry services
- Cooking and meal preparation
- Shopping for groceries, toiletries, and other household needs
- Errands: Personal Care Assistant may run routine errands for clients or transport clients and assist them in completing their routine errands
- Accompanying client to and from appointments
- Mail and phone assistance and organization
- Companionship and conversation: Providing fellowship, care, and protection
Do You Have Questions?
For further inquiries, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us through our contact form. We’ll get in touch with you as soon as possible.